My boys attend Saint Michaels Catholic School. This year we have a new principal and she wants to do a casino night for a fundraiser. So I volunteered to be on the decorating committee and thought my craft might come in handy.
So I turned to SVG Cuts for the Champagne bottle and dice; and Craftsuprint for the orchid. I found these nice gold painted branches at Hobby Lobby. Here is what I put together:
I found some art deco designs to add to the bottle to give it a little more design.
How did I do it? I attached the flowers to floral wire (silver) with a hot glue gun and attached a little circle on the back to hid the glue a wire on each flower. Then I attached the wire to the branch by twisting it on about an inch above the top of the bottle and curved it give it the feel of a fountain. It didn't take much wire to attach to the branch, I left about two inches.
I also made the bottle a little taller. I doubled the size by using the union tool on two of the pieces. To do this I clear my mat of all pieces except what I am working on. When I need to have things lined up exactly I copy and paste in place. I decided to line my pieces up by the fold lines at the bottom and top of two pieces - see picture:
If you use the merge tool and you want your fold lines you have to break apart you pieces but first you need to delete the extra fold lines that you don't need. To do this break part one of your pieces (leave the other one grouped). Then select the parts you need to delete - see photo below:
Then repeat with the other piece. What you have should look like this:
Leave your pieces ungrouped and broken apart and select both outer pieces without selecting the fold lines. To do this click on one hold the shift key and then click on the other. Go to path and then union. Like this:
This should be what your new piece looks like:
Since all the pieces to the bottom of the bottle are the same you can just copy this one piece for all eight pieces you need. Now you have a bottle that will be 4" taller and you haven't distorted the bottle by stretching it or made it any bigger round.
Here are some more pictures of the finished project:
I still need to find some gold tape to cover the wire from the flowers, but other than that I think this is finished!
Here is a list of the kits and links to them:
New Year's Eve Kit
The Green Room Kit
I used The Paper Studio - Oh So Glam - paper stack