Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Sitting Santa

I have to admit I love everything Christmas!  I am one of those people who can hardly wait for Thanksgiving weekend so I can decorate and start playing Christmas carols.  For my post today I am sharing my Sitting Santa.  I made him using the following kits:

JGW Sam the Scarecrow  -  Cut all scarecrow pieces to size (except face)
Winter Fun Photo Props  -  Santa
Cozy Christmas Captions  -  Believe

I love the way he turned out!  My mom thought he was made of wood.

I used the body pieces of the scarecrow ledge sitter and the only thing I changed was the size of the gloves.  I sized mine to 3.360 x 4.144  (make sure to uncheck the keep proportions box.).  I wanted mine to be a little smaller.

paper "wooden block" Santa sitting by the Christmas tree


Fur around pants - Winter Photo Props/Santa

For his face and hat I used the Winter Photo Props - Santa file.

Close up of Santa's face showing a cheery smile and big eyes

TIP - for the back of the Santa make sure you flip the hat and hat fur pieces before you cut them so they are a mirror image of the ones on the front, especially if you use a patterned paper.

wood block Santa

I decided he needed a belt and I used basic shapes to make one. 
 I used the rectangle and the square frame.

Close of sign Santa is holding that says Believe

As a finishing touch I used the Believe caption from Cozy Christmas Captions.  
I sized the width to 9.021 (keep proportions) and used some cute clothes pins 
I found at Michaels in their dollar bin.

paper "wooden block" Santa sitting by the Christmas tree

I would love to see your version of the sitting Santa!

Merry Christmas,
Cyndy G

No comments:

Post a Comment