Saturday, August 24, 2019

Ahoy Matie ~ with Cyndy G

Good morning crafters.  I hope your weekend is off to a good start.  I'm looking forward to mine because after weeks of temperatures in the 90s our highs are only going to be in the 70s today!  To kick off the weekend I want to share some of the new box cards that can be found at My Scrap Chick.

The first card I'm going to share is the Crayon Box Card.  This card is perfect as a welcome back to school card for students and teachers.  It is bright and cheery.  It is quick and easy to put together, the panels on front are layered to create the stripe effect so there are no small pieces to handle, even a child can assemble it.

3d svg crayon box card

The next card is another colorful card and one that just popped in my head.  The Gumball Machine Box Card.  I have never seen another like it.  This card is sure to impress.  You can even add a gumball under the dispenser if you would like!

3d svg gumball box card

The next two cards I'm going to share with you I have been thinking about for long time.  These are great for themed parties.  Obviously, a pirate theme but they could also work for a Harry Potter theme or how about an escape room party.  There are so many uses for these cards.  Up first is the Treasure Box Box Card.  It's full of jewels and lots of gold and has a treasure map shaped sentiment panel on the back.

3d svg treasure box card

Finally is the Pirate Ship Box Card.  This is another unique card.  The ship is crashing through the waves.  I curved the sails at the bottom with my finger to give them a little more dimension.  There is a little movement in the sails.  The card has a support "beam" that prevents the sails from flopping over.  TIP:  Use good card stock for the base of the sails so your card will stand tall. 
 Aye Aye Captain.


I hope you enjoy all the new cards.  I look forward to seeing what you do with them.  If you make any of the files from My Scrap Chick we would love for you to share them with us on our facebook fan page:

You can also find lots of project ideas on our blog - My Scrap Chick Blog.

Do what inspires you,
Cyndy G.

PS - All of the cards have a finished size of 5x7 so they will fit in an A5 envelope.






4 comments:

  1. These are wonderful! I am especially drawn to that crayon box since it is back to school time. I just love seeing your new creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all amazing. That pirate ship is so impressive!

    ReplyDelete